We completely accept our responsibility to limit the damage we do to the environment. However, we hope along with us our Members recognise that working in a clinical situation, the over-riding imperative is to maintain a sterile environment, which currently means single use plastics are all that’s available.
All that said, our commitment in everything we do is to:
- Continuously improve our environmental performance and to integrate recognised environmental management best practice into our business operation.
- Reduce our consumption of resources and improve the efficient use of those resources.
- Measure and take action to reduce the carbon footprint of our business activities to meet our published objectives and targets.
- Manage waste generated from our business operations incorporating reduction, re-use and recycling in accordance with the principles of the waste hierarchy.
- Manage our business operations to prevent pollution.
- Give due consideration to environmental issues (such as biodiversity) and energy performance in the acquisition, design, refurbishment, location and use of buildings.
- Ensure environmental, including climate change, criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services.
- Comply as a minimum with all relevant environmental legislation as well as other environmental requirements to which the firm subscribes.
- Maintain our certification to ISO 14001 through rigorous monitoring and review.
To meet our commitments:
- The UK board reviews our environmental policy and performance on a regular basis.
- We set key objectives and targets for managing our environmental performance at least annually.
- Communicate the importance of environmental issues to all our people.
- Work together with our people, service partners, suppliers, landlords and their agents to promote improved environmental performance.
- Promote appropriate consideration of sustainability and environmental issues in the services we provide to our members and their owners.
This environmental policy represents our general position on environmental issues, and the policies and practices we will apply in conducting our business.